Program of the journey: Cần Thơ – Cái Bè ( 2 Days)
Description: Classic overnight trip across the Delta over one night, with a visit of a village and rice fields, and fruit sampling. In the morning, after visiting arroyos, visit of the handicraft village. The itinerary is very green and varied and offers a good insight of life along the Mekong.
We offer you our TO rates. Our TO rates as below are valid from November 1st, 2018 until October 31st, 2019:
Joining in along programmed journeys:
|Number of passengers||1 or 2 passengers;||3 to 12 passengers;||13 pass. or more|
|Per night and per passenger||đ5 950 000||đ5 420 000||đ5 130 000|
Cần Thơ, on the first day at noon
- Boarding at Can Tho at Ninh Kieu pier. Welcome drink, introduction to the ship and crew, check into the cabins. Departure downstream of the Hau river. Lunch on board while en route.
- Turning into Nicolai canal, towards the Mang Thit and Co Chien rivers. Rest on the upper deck in a scenery of rice fields, sugar cane, woods on the near banks.
- By mid-afternoon, the Bassac casts anchor for a visit on shore: past the first tree line, quiet discovery of the peaceful life in the delta’s countryside, of rice fields, fruit trees and the welcoming inhabitants, or, at your option, short cycling tour of the surrounding area.
- Boarding back, complimentary drink as a welcome back on board. Rest on the deck or around the bar enjoying the sunset.
- The crew serves dinner while the Bassac is cruising Mang Thit river towards her anchorage point for the night.
- The Bassac sets anchor for the night on river Mang Thit.
- 06:00 Departure towards Cai Be. The passengers take their breakfast at 7:00 while enjoying the scenery on the banks.
- The Bassac crosses Co Chien river then branches into Cho Lach canal for 30 minutes through the traffic of sand and rice barges, in a scenery of fruit drying facilities and wooden ship building yards.
- Arrival near Cai Be, check-out and transfer to a rowing boat for a quiet visit through a small canal if the tide allows.
- Rendez-vous with a local boat, which will take you to shore for a visit of Cai Be’s handicraft.
End of services by mid-morning on shore at Cái Bè.
Please note you will leave the Bassac for good upon boarding the small boat for the last visit, typically about 8:30.
The details of the program and the visits may vary depending on logistics or technical constraints.
|Single cabin suppl.||+50%||per single occupancy; typ. for an odd number of passengers|
|Kids rebate||-50%||for kids under 12 years old|
|Infants||-100%||Free of charge for kids under 2 years old|
|Late Booking rebate||-20%||for departure within 48 hours of booking 4 5|
Inclusions and Exclusions
We can arrange road and speedboat transfers through third parties at the prices current at the time of booking.
As a rule of thumb, we take care of you from boarding to disembarkation. You may also ask us to provide you with other services, like land transfer or speedboat connection to or from Cambodia.
The services of the Bassac include per night on board:
- Transportation on board;
- Accommodation of each passenger in a twin-share cabin, double- or twin-bedded;
- Three meals;
- Vietnamese coffee, tea; mineral water;
- Two visits on shore or on a small skiff;
- Access to all services on board;
- Access to and from the board on a longboat;
- Road, speedboat transfer, except if specifically mentioned in the booking confirmation;
- Bar services;
- Personal travel insurance;
- Tips and gratuities.